Welcome back (officially) tutors!
I hope you all had a wonderfully engaging and intellectually provocative first week of classes. I have a number of updates for you, so here goes:
1. Our MANDATORY All-Tutor Meeting will be Monday, September 5 from 7:00-8:30 pm in L/L CM 315 (right upstairs from the Learning Co-op). Can’t wait to see you all there!
2. Before you will be eligible to begin tutoring this semester, you MUST complete the online policy reminder survey. Please be sure to submit your name and email address on completion so we have a record of your survey submission. The link to the survey can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&pli=1&formkey=dGJqckxoUGxzMGxxUXNHa0Y5UlhBMlE6MQ#gid=0
3. All other paperwork, forms, etc you will need to fill out to start the semester will be available at the all-tutor meeting.
4. I am still working on the Co-op schedule. If you are available to tutor our traditionally high-demand courses (math, chemistry, BSAD, bio, statistics, anatomy…) and would like to hold regular hours in the Co-op, you may email me to set up a meeting or come talk to me at the end of our meeting on Monday.
5. I am also looking for tutors willing to lead group tutoring sessions, either in the Co-op or around Campus. Physics and BSAD tutors, I NEED you!! Please let me know via email or at our meeting if you would be interested in leading groups in these subjects.
6. The Honors College is looking for a tutor in residence to hold group sessions either 6-8 pm or 7-9 pm in University Heights North on Wednesday evenings. Let me know if you’re interested.
7. Because of the holiday, the deadline to submit your hours in PeopleSoft this pay period is TONIGHT at midnight. While none of you should have any hours entered for the Co-op yet, as tutoring doesn’t start until September 12, I don’t know how much this will affect you. But just a heads up in case you need to enter hours from another campus job.
Whew, I think that’s all for now. Enjoy your three-day weekend, and I’ll see you all on Monday!