We are very close now to the beginning of the semester. I hope you are excited! As per usual, I have a list of updates and announcements for you all. Here goes:
1. Our All-Tutor Meeting will take place on Monday, September 5, from 7:00-8:30 pm in L/L CM 315. This meeting is MANDATORY if you wish to return as a tutor this semester. Whether you choose to dress to impress is up to you, however. If you will not be able to make this meeting, please talk to me ASAP.
2. Rather than listen to me review policies you’ve known for years, there is a policy reminder survey available on the blog and by following this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?pli=1&hl=en_US&formkey=dGJqckxoUGxzMGxxUXNHa0Y5UlhBMlE6MQ#gid=0 You must complete this survey before you are eligible to begin tutoring for the semester.
3. If you delete this email and lose the link to the reminder survey or the location for our meeting, fret not, dear tutors. All this information and more is available on the tutor blog. http://blog.uvm.edu/subtutor/
4. Speaking of the blog, you may notice that I have recently posted a schedule for payroll deadlines and paycheck deliveries. I will still send reminders to submit your hours as I did last year, but feel free to refer to this schedule at your convenience and to plan any large purchases.
5. The first day of tutoring will be SEPTEMBER 12. No tutoring appointments may be scheduled prior to this date.
6. If you are paid with work study funds or tutor at least one high-demand course and would like to schedule regular hours in the Learning Co-op for this semester, please be in touch. I am starting to draft the Co-op schedule now.
7. I am currently looking to hire tutors to lead Drop-In Group Tutoring sessions for the semester in BSAD 60, 61, 65, and 180; CHEM 26, 31, and 141; MATH 009-121; NFS 043; PHYS 11 and 31; PSYC 001; and STAT 51, 11, and 141. If you are interested or want to learn more about this opportunity, please let me know ASAP.
Enjoy your last week of freedom…See you soon!