Home > Composition, Media, Technology, Visuality > Say “Hebbo!” to Tarvuism

Say “Hebbo!” to Tarvuism

October 21, 2008

I’ve been buried under multiple stacks of papers from both classes (note to self: plan paper turn-in schedule more carefully next semester!), but I’m digging my way out, slowly. In the meantime, here’s something to distract entertain and inform you.

I posted earlier about a great satirical video purporting to show the “Petticoat 5,” the first computer by women, for women. That video came from the British show Look Around You, whose creators, Robert Popper and Peter Serafinowicz, are now at work on a new project.

http://vimeo.com/1911088

Say Hebbo! from Torvakian on Vimeo

Popper and Serafinowicz are reportedly in talks with Adult Swim to develop their new show. I was initially doubtful about the enterprise. I loved the video, but I had no idea how they could spin this into a regular series.

That was before I clicked through to the main page for Tarvuism. There I learned everything never knew I needed to know. And it was so easy! After reading the fun stuff on the main site, I poked around the Tarvupedia. Holy crap on a cracker! There is a ton of stuff there. And it’s fantastic. Now I really, really hope they get their show. I’m dying to see Tarvuism in action.

And here’s an added plug for my spring classes! Notice that the Tarvunty is illustrated!

tarvunty.jpg

Yes, this spring I’ll be teaching a seminar for senior English majors on The Illustrated Novel. If only the campus bookstore would agree to carry the Tarvunty! I’ll also be teaching a graduate seminar on 21st Century Literacies. The entire Tarvuism web site is an excellent example of the literacies we use now that we’re living in the future 21st century.

(X-posted to the Teaching Practicum blog and Literature in a Wired World)