Home > Media, Narrative, Singing Saturday, Technology > Singing Saturday Came Early

Singing Saturday Came Early

July 18, 2008

With the web launch of the new project from Joss Whedon (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Firefly, Serenitythat guy) — Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog!!!!

Starring Neil Patrick Harris (our favorite — and out — former child-doctor), Felicia Day (she most recently of the awesome web series The Guild, and Nathan Fillion (…dreamy). The series follows the efforts of Dr. Horrible (Harris) to get into the Evil League of Evil and win the love of Penny (Day), while superhero Captain Hammer (Fillion) tries to prevent both. And there’s singing.

It is truly awesome. Click on the picture or the text link. Do it now. Watch the first two acts (Act III will be released on Saturday the 19th). But be aware that all three acts will be taken down on the 20th. After that they’ll be available through iTunes for a fee per Act.

So watch them now for free, while you can, my cheap cheap friends. I think they’re great, and I can’t wait to see how the iTunes downloads do, commercially. I expect they’ll do very well.