Sharing A Bathroom With Boys…

24 Sep

I wouldn’t say that I am much of a complainer, because I never let things get to the point where I have to complain about things. Usually, if something is in a common area, I will be the first to say, “Pick your stuff up, or it’ll be trashed once I start cleaning.” I know this may sound harsh, but I am an aunt to 17 nieces and nephews, and this method, I have found, works every time.
However, you can not use the same dialogue when one is trying to get the boys one is sharing a bathroom with, (ie: Mike and Ben) when one of said boys ALWAYS leaves the seat up… Now, UVM has been so gracious as to bestow a living situation on me where I do not share a communal bathroom with 20-30 other women. Instead, I live in L/L (The Living and Learning Center) and I live in a suite style setup, and share two bathrooms with 6 people.
Mike and Ben were lumped into the same bathroom as myself, because Mike is one of my best friends here at UVM, and Ben is his new roommate. So being the great person that I am, I volunteered myself to share a bathroom with the boys because I knew we would be able to keep it clean, no complaints warranted.
If only I could have foreseen the future…

I feel like I have been tricked

Please Note: The following story has not yet occurred, but this is what I fear may happen.

I fear that one morning, I will have a wicked urge to go to the bathroom, and one of the aforementioned boys will have forgotten to put the seat down, and I will fall into said open bowl, and drown.
Irrational? Maybe. Legitimate concern? Very.
I have spoken to countless people in the L/L community that have suffered from such a terrible fate. None of which have been able to let me in on a way to avoid this. So, I have come to my own conclusion. I shall take matters into my own hands, and take a page out of my friend Kellie’s book. I will draw a comic strip about my inevitable fall into the toilet, and ways we can try to avoid it. Then I shall post it above the toilet tank, in a way that it sits right in their direct vision.
If this does not work, I am open to suggestions.

I will post an image of the comic once I have it all drawn up.

If I don’t see you in a day, I’ll see you through a window.