Home for Break!

For spring break, I went back home to Rhode Island. It was a beautiful week and the sun was shining! There is hope for spring and warmth! I spent some time in the water surfing and came across schools of fish. It was hard id the fish. However this reminded me of Lone Rock Point and the time I swam next to a trout, I believe.

There is a unique relationship where land meets water. Only a certain type of specie can live in this liminal space. In Burlington, that specie is the cedar. It lives on the edge of land and water. In Rhode Island, that is spartina. There is a lot of spartina along the coast. This sea grass can handle large concentrations of salt and can survive in and out of the water. This is a ruthless area because the environments can be very extreme. The coast is very much manipulated by the water and tides. Like in Burlington, the water etches away at the rock creating unique formations. In RI, there are lots of seagulls. The seagull is the only bird I witnessed. At beach where I was, I noticed lots of dog tracks in the sand. It was easy to tell it was dogs because of the crazy path they made and the human tracks right next to it. Occasionally I found seagull prints in the sand.