First Time Back!!

This is the first time I have visited back to my place in a while. Good Ol Lone Rock Point is still beautiful as always. It was a hazy winter day when I visited and I surprisingly didn’t run into anyone on the trails since it is a popular destination. While I might have not interacted with life, I ran into many many tracks that indicated life before I arrived.

I was sticking mainly to the trail and there was lots of traffic. However it was mainly it was human traffic.

Seen in the image above, large, wide and dense foot paths snaked through my place causing a lot of disruption that can easily scare off wildlife. It wasn’t uncommon to see dog tracks wonder off the trails.

This image above shows dog tracks. While it wasn’t nice snow to identity the prints, I concluded that by the diagonal walking and the sporadic trail in the trees on the foot paths that it was a dog. If I stayed near the footpaths, I only encountered humans and dogs. I trekked off the paths and came across a rabbit.

It was difficult to identify the paw prints, however I concluded that it was a cotton-tailed rabbit. I assume this because of the bounding patterns and the long narrow front paws.

I came across many winter twigs at my place. Some of them include, White Oak, Red Oak, Box Elder, and also tons of little Cedars. The picture above is an image of a Sugar Maple twig. I can tell because of the three spikes at the tops and the brown buds on the brown stem of the twig.

Here is a drawing of the Sugar Maple twig.