Wildlife Activity at Redstone Pines

During my first visit to Redstone Pines, I was amazed by the stature of the trees. Eastern White Pine and White Oak trees were the focal points of the woods. There is also shrubbery on the outskirts of the pines, but I don’t consider it to be part of the Redstone Pines. I love seeing people hammock here in the summer!

To the left is a full encompassing view of the Pines. The snow on the ground was wet and slushy, a perfect consistency to hold tracks in!

This is a stick I found on the ground. I assumed it came from an Eastern White Pine tree because of its location which was in close proximity to one.

Pictured above are three sets of animal tracks I discovered. I decided that the top left photo was tracks left from a dog. The photo underneath it seemed to be a Red Fox’s footprints. Lastly, I was unable to identify the tracks depicted in the top left corner.

Above is a drawn out map of my new phrenology location, and a drawing of a White Oak twig. Getting to my phrenology location is fairly simple- I walk southwest for approximately 5 minutes from Harris. Voila! I reach my location. It is close by and beautiful, therefore being the perfect place to visit weekly.