The perfect balance between an urban campus and the relaxing woods: Redstone Forest. This beautiful plot of land is located on the University of Vermont. In the 1760s the state of Vermont was estimated to be covered in 90% forest. A drastic change soon hit in the 1900s. The forest composition had gone from 90% to a staggering 30% state-wide due to settlers using the timber for recreation. A country club borders the Southernmost point of the woods, while the campus borders the rest of the beautiful forest. Referring to a map from 1937, it is clear that Redstone Woods was initially a tree stand surrounded by an agricultural area left by the local farmers due to unknown reasons. The University of Vermont had not yet purchased the land. Instead, UVM was located closer to Burlington. There is proof of human use throughout the forest such as an old swing, logs made into seats, and the remnants of a hammock. No matter the time period, this space has remained a beautiful and peaceful location.