Back At It

So while the majority of students are officially back in “school mode” here at UVM, I certainly am not! This is the second week of classes, and I am still trying to adjust to being back at school. I am taking 5 classes this semester – Biostatistics (YIKES!), Survey of Folklore (aka analyzing poems, fables, and fairy tales – YES!), Ichthyology (the study of fish), Wetlands Ecology and Management, and Conservation Biology (OUCH!). While this certainly seems like a daunting amount of material, I am up for the challenge. So far the hardest challenge with my classes is being able to pay attention during them! My days start at either 9:30 or 10:00 am, so I’m usually up around 8:30. This should be a luxury for me, considering that I was up at 5:30 am every weekday during winter break for work! Oh, the days of being able to sleep in!

I’m also in the process of applying to various jobs in Burlington for the summer! I really want to spend my last summer of college (WHAT?!?!) in Burlington, I just need to find a job to pay the bills! I recently found a job working with the Vermont Lake Monsters – the minor league baseball team in Burlington. The position is an internship in their public relations field, and consists of writing articles and news stories for local papers and the team website. I absolutely fell in love with the position when I saw it – now I just have to convince the Lake Monsters staff that a fisheries biology major and natural resource management minor student would be the best choice to hire! Maybe I’ll wow them with my absurd and extensive knowledge of baseball! Wish me luck!