The Maple Bowl

Thanksgiving break is only two days away and basically…I CAN’T WAIT!!! I don’t think that we have had a day off from school since Labor Day in September – so Friday afternoon cannot come soon enough!

Friday afternoon is the onset of Thanksgiving break and a very longggg and well deserved break (in my opinion!). Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays for three reasons (not in order, of course!) – food, family, and football. Every year my mom’s side of the family goes to my aunt and uncle’s house for Thanksgiving Dinner. It’s great seeing family that I haven’t seen since summer and catching up with them with stories from the past months. 

But after dinner (and a few too many pieces of apple pie!), it’s time to head outside for the Maple Bowl. My aunt and uncle live on Maple Street – hence the naming of our football game as “The Maple Bowl.” This game of flag football is always a lot of fun, and sometimes gets pretty physical between all the guys. The game usually goes from a flag football game, to a tackle football game, to the last man standing football game!

But no matter what happens, it’s always good fun being with the family again, and definitely gets me in the holiday spirit because after Thanksgiving, Christmas is less than a month away!