Why I Love Burlington

As I sit hear in the study lounge of my fraternity house, I cannot help but recall why I love the city of Burlington, Vermont so much. This past weekend, my fraternity volunteered at the Mardi Gras parade downtown on Church Street. Even though the actual Mardi Gras was two weeks ago, and we are not in New Orleans, it was still a lot of fun serving as “crowd control.”

24544_1242418709049_1486770168_30749931_5247856_n.jpg

Aside from Mardi Gras, spring break is upon us. Tomorrow is the last day of classes before spring break officially starts. However for me, my “unofficial” spring break started Tuesday afternoon, as I had my last midterm on Tuesday morning. The exam was in my class called “Social Processes in the Environment,” but I think the exam went well, aside from the fact that it was an incredibly long exam.

For spring break I will be heading down to Florida with my buddy Josh for the week. We will be staying with his grandparents in Sarasota – which is 45 minutes north of Ft. Myers…which is where the Red Sox spring training camp is located!!! To say that I am excited would be an extreme understatement. But I am excited to finally take a vacation. I love Burlington, but as a college student sometimes you just need a break from everything and 75 degree weather with spring baseball is just the way that I would like to spend break.

Then before you know it, I will be back on an airplane, and headed back to Burlington to finish up my sophomore year. It’s scary to think that I am almost half way done with college! But I tend to think that the next two years will go by just as fast, if not faster, because Burlington is such a great place to be, and I can’t wait for the next two years to begin!