And Then I Blinked

So as I sit in my room, I look back and think about how quickly winter break came and went. It feels like yesterday that I was up until 5:00 am still drinking coffee, studying for my physics final that I had later that afternoon. But today is January 22, and my first week of classes is over; hard to believe!

But break was very relaxing, and I enjoyed my time being home with my family. However I spent most of my working, actually, pretty much all of my break working – in Connecticut as a park ranger. I was working 40 hours per week, and waking up at 5:30 am Monday-Friday. But I enjoyed working there again, as I worked there over the summer. Christmas was awesome this year – I got tickets to the Winter Classic at Fenway Park!!!! I went to the game with my brother, and it was one of the coolest sporting events that I have ever been to. And of course, the Bruins won – couldn’t have it any other way!

I came back up to school on New Years weekend and hung out with some friends at my fraternity house. I came up with my family for the weekend, and we just hung around Burlington. Didn’t help though that Burlington got 32 inches of snow that weekend! We were stuck in my house and couldn’t get out because of the elevated snow levels.

The last few weeks of break were pretty slow and relaxing. I was able to hang out with my buddies from home a few times, and it was good to catch up with them. But I noticed that I have grown very different from my friends; none of us are the same people that all graduated high school together in May of 2008. But that’s life, I guess…

But it’s good to be back at UVM. Unfortunately, I already have a TON of reading to do for my classes, but all of my classes are really interesting so it’s not a big worry. I just read really, really, really slow, which may become a problem! But overall I’m excited for the semester to fully get underway. It’s scary to think that I am almost half way done with college; I can still remember my first day of kindergarten those long fourteen years ago! But then I blinked, and I was in college…