Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, Epsilon…..

Happy Friday Everyone!

And let me tell you, there isn’t a person who is happier that it is Friday; this has been one of the busiest weeks of my collegiate experience. I am the VP of Scholarship and Programming on the Interfraternity Council, which is the council that oversees the actions of the eleven fraternities on campus. And this week is Greek Week; we had events planned every night to unite the Greek community and have some fun as well. My job for this entailed programming all the events, as well as running them with my counterpart from the sorority council.

It began Monday night with the crowning of the Greek God and Goddess. There was a talent portion, a Q & A session, and a brief personal bio. The contestants displayed some great talents including ribbon dancing, playing and singing the guitar, to juggling a soccer ball while rocking out to Miley Cyrus! The Q & A session was my favorite part because I got to create the questions that were asked. They ranged from “Are you a Mac or a PC?” to “How do you find the hypotenuse of a triangle?” Some of the contestants were completely baffled by their respective question, while others were very confident (A^2 + B^2 = C^2).

Tuesday was the “Taste of Greek Life” competition where each chapter made a meal with an appetizer, entree, and a desert all revolving around a certain theme. My chapter chose to do “Kid Food” and we made Ants on a Log (celery stalks with peanut butter and raisins), Peanut Butter and Jelly/Fluff sandwiches, and Mud Pudding (chocolate pudding with crumbled Oreos and gummy worms). Being the emcee for the event, I decided to go and try a dish from all 18 chapters. At the end of the night I was very, very full, which was probably caused by excessive number of Greek donuts that I ate made by Alpha Gamma Rho. Or maybe it was the coconut crusted chicken from Pi Beta Phi? The Mac and Cheese from Delta Delta Delta?

Wednesday night was “Greek Family Feud” in Ira Allen Chapel. Each chapter competed against each other and tried to guess the five most popular answers to a question. The questions ranged from “Where is the best place to eat downtown (obviously KKD)?” to “What is something that your grandparents always forget about you?” Everyone had a lot of fun, especially me because I got to ask the questions and interact with everyone in the audience during the game.

Last night was Greek Sync, which is where each chapter picks a song and chooses members to lip sing the song on stage and perform a dance. My chapter chose to do “I Want You Back” by N’SYNC. Unfortunately there were only 3 brothers that partook, one of which was me. The highlight of our dance had to be when I flipped my buddy Chris on stage – the crowd was going crazy. However we were defeated by another chapter singing the Spongebob Squarepants FUN Song, and a Michael Jackson impersonator that did a back flip off the stage. I still say that our dance was the best, but it was all in good fun, and everyone had a blast!

Wait, did I mention that I had two midterms this week? Oh ya, the academic part of this week – Chemistry exam, History of the Trojan War midterm, and a surprise Physics quiz thrown in, just to stress me out even more! However I think I did very well on all three exams, and looking back now, it was absolutely worth it to stay up until 2:00 am every night to study and drink LOTS of coffee!

But now it’s Friday, and I couldn’t be happier. I am only two more classes away from the weekend. And what’s going to be the first thing that I do when I get back to my room…take a nap!

5 Responses to “Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, Epsilon…..”

1. I want to thank the blogger very much not only for this post but also for his all previous efforts. I found mdeedy.blog.uvm.edu to be greatly interesting. I will be coming back to mdeedy.blog.uvm.edu for more information.

2. This is my first visit here, but I will be back soon, because I really like the way you are writing, it is so simple and honest

3. I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link

4. You have really great taste on catch article titles, even when you are not interested in this topic you push to read it

5. You have really great taste on catch article titles, even when you are not interested in this topic you push to read it