Welcome to the World of Blogging!

Hey everyone, in a world that is becoming dominated by Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, and Skype, blogging is the new and upcoming thing to do, so I decided to hope along for the ride! This is my first blog (ever I think) so let’s hope that everything goes smoothly!

My name is Mike Deedy, and I am a sophomore here at UVM. I am originally from Worcester, Massachusetts, but it seems like everyday I get closer to considering Burlington to be my true home. I am a Fisheries Biology major in the Rubenstein School of Environment and Natural Resources, and I hope that I will be able to work at the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute one day on Cape Cod. On campus I am a member of the Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity; more commonly called SigEp. I serve as the VP of Scholarship and Programming on the Infraternity Council which monitors and serves the eleven fraternities on campus. I also work as a tour guide in the admissions office, and give tours of UVM to prospective and admitted students. Finally, I work in the athletic communications department by working as a statistician during home sports games…talk about being busy!!

But I really love UVM. I love being in a fraternity, and living in our fraternity house makes the experience even more special. I love the atmosphere of the school, I love Burlington, and I LOVE Green Mountain Coffee. As far as classes go this semester, the course load is pretty daunting. I’m enrolled in physics, geology, and everyone’s favorite – chemistry! And the best part is that all three of these classes have a lab component to them! I also am taking a class called “Myths and Legends of the Trojan War” which is really interesting and we get to read some classics like The Iliad, The Odyssey, and The Aeneid.

Wow, it’s 6:00 pm already; time for dinner! We have a cook named Donna in our fraternity house that cooks lunch and dinner for the brothers during the week. She is an incredibly nice woman, and she makes the best macaroni and cheese (sorry Mom!). Tonight I think we are having roast beef, mashed potatoes, and green beans, and I can start to smell the deliciousness in my room!

On that note I think I will head down to dinner then study for my chemistry exam tomorrow evening; I’m going to have a lot of coffee tonight! I think that was pretty good for my first blog, and I’ll be sure to keep updating them often. Wish me luck on my exam!

2 Responses to “Welcome to the World of Blogging!”

1. Hi. Nice blog you got here. Very minimalistic and equally catchy design.

Saw that you’re using Movable Type. Tried WordPress? :)

2. Visiting your Blog today. Thanks for this information. Nice to meet you again.