October 1st 2017

Hi and welcome to my place!

My place is located in Centennial Woods, and is very easy to get to. All you have to do is go to the main entrance, with the Centennial Woods sign, and walk through the heavily worn trail, duck under the fallen tree, continue down the hill a little ways, and when you see the first clearing off to the right, which is sloped, you’ve reached the right place.

I had chosen this location because I liked that it had a mixture of some open space as well as more heavily wooded areas all in one spot, and, not going to lie, I figured it would be nice to have a relatively quick commuting time to my place when it is  cold out.  More importantly, I found the area to be extremely calming, peaceful, and relaxing, and it even had a log that served me well as a bench, and I pictured myself there often.

In my place, there are some ferns and maple saplings growing, although much of the ground is left barren or covered in fallen leaves from red oaks and the occasional maple. Most of the trees appear to be Sugar Maples and Eastern White Pines, some of which are dead, and there are also a couple of Northern Red Oaks.

In the photos above, you can see a large, dead pine, one of the ferns and the ground cover, or lack thereof, and some of the maples. I hope you enjoy my place’s transformations throughout the seasons! [All photos were taken by Madison Busacco]