Introduction to My Place

When we first received the assignment, I knew that I wanted my site to be overlooking the water.  So, I took a trip down to the waterfront and stumbled upon a gorgeous patch of woods across the bike path from the dog park.  This seemed like a sign from above to choose this spot; limitless amounts of dogs, a beautiful view of the Adirondacks, and lush vegetation, what more could I ask for?  I ventured in along a narrow path and found there to be tents hiding around many thick patches of plants, hopefully, the current residents do not mind me intruding every few weeks!  To get to my phenology spot, you must follow the bike path from the ECHO Aquarium down past Andy A_Dog Williams Skatepark until you reach a large, fenced dog park.  Across the path from this dog park is my patch of woods.  But, the easiest way to reach the water is to cut through a clearing directly to the left of the forest until you reach a small dirt path that will take you around the woods along the water.  The center of my place will be when the path curves to the right when you reach the corner of the patch of land.  It appears that my place is on top of a man-made piece of land; there is a slope down into the vegetation from the path that circles it and the sides along the water are built up with concrete walls.