Kickin’ It Off

28 Sep

Welcome to my new blog!! I suppose I don’t even need the word “new,” seeing as this is my first blog…EVER! Of course I jumped on the myspace bandwagon in middle school and, like every other college student, I’m a facebook addict, but I’ve never had a true blog before. I feel like I have a million things to say, but I guess I should start my introducing myself:

Hi! I’m Kate. I’m a junior in the College of Arts and Science at UVM, double majoring in Psychology and Communication Sciences (Speech & Hearing Science). I’m from Southwestern Vermont. I’m a proud member of the UVM Pep Band. (I play flute.) We attend all of the men’s home hockey and basketball games. I’m a new member of the Speech and Hearing Club. Also, I’m an Advocat, a cute little name meaning Admissions Tourguide. That’s right, if you come to visit UVM, you might just have me leading you around campus! Well, that’s after I get my wings anyways. Right now I’m in the training process, but in a few weeks I will have my “wings” and will be free to fly solo on tours!

Now that you know a little about me, let me tell you about the purpose of this blog. This blog is designed for anyone with an interest in UVM to learn more about the university through a current student. Sure the brochures and websites are excellent, but that just shows the shell of UVM. These blogs are a way for real UVM students to express what real college life is like. Here you will find information about classes and academics, residential life, extracurricular activies, and many other aspects of social life.

Okay, I guess that’s enough in terms of introductions. I promise the next blog will be more action packed. And maybe, if I become technologically savvy, there will even be some pictures!

Until next time…Kate.