I’m very backlogged with post drafts for each week of the Video production Club, but I was so excited about Stop Animation I’m jumping ahead. The kids made some really AWESOME videos.
Stop Motion Animation using iPads:
- This helpful youtube video: https://youtu.be/_ppedXZHhE0
- Stop Motion Studio App for iPad
- Random arts and crafts
- LEGO people if you have them
- Anything you need for a projector/tv screen to show the tutorial
- I used a clip on desk light to hold iPads in place and have adjustable lighting
- Your imagination!
how it went:
First, I watched the tutorial which was very helpful relaxing. Then I messed around a bit with the app and made a few dinky videos spelling out my name with play doh.
When I got to school I hooked up my laptop to a big tv screen and showed the kids the video. Then I cut them loose with a box of random art supplies and some LEGOs.
THEY. MADE. THE. COOLEST. VIDEOS. All were miles more creative than mine and I can’t wait to see how they incorporate their new skills for next week when we make explainer videos!