Continued from part 6a:
The following is a procedure for updating Operating System image data in UDI that is specific to the UVM environment. Use it as a template for your own operations:
- Add the new WIM image to SCCM. The WIM must contain only one OS image (e.g. at index 1).
- Run c:\local\scripts\CM-TaskSequences\build-udiInfoFiles.ps1.
(This make a CSV files available to the UDI client that matches the OS Image Name to the version of the OS within the image.) (Required for driver injection.)
- Run c:\local\scripts\CM-TaskSequences\build-udiImageList.ps1.
(This updates the UDI XML-based control file that generates the OS selection options to the end-user in the UDI Wizard.)
- Run c:\local\scripts\Update-OSApplyTaskSequence.ps1. When prompted, provide the name of the UDI task sequence to be updated.
(This script updates the task sequence so that the OS selected in the UDI Wizard can be applied to the UDI target machine.)
- Locate the “MDT 2013 Files” package in the SCCM console under Software Library->Application Management->Packages, and run an “Update Distribution Points” action. Verify that distribution was successful before proceeding.
(This makes the new CSV info files and Wizard configs available to end-users.)
- Drivers – Package Import:
- Drivers – Task Sequence Management:
- Drivers – Powershell Support Module:
- Drivers – Client-side driver package selection:
- Drivers – Providing SCCM database info to clients:
- Drivers – File Structure and Dependencies:
- Operating Systems – Update the OS Image List in the UDI Wizard:
- Operating Systems – Update the Task Sequence with new OS Image data:
- Applications – Update the Applications and App Groups in the UDI Wizard:
- UDI Quirks:
- UDI Operations – Updating Drivers:
- UDI Operations – Updating Operating Systems:
- UDI Operations – Updating Applications: