The faculty group is instrumental to the success of the Janus Forum. The group identifies debate topics and speakers to invite to campus. To foster diverse viewpoints, the current members of the faculty group span multiple colleges and disciplines across the UVM campus:
- Rick Vanden Bergh, Director of the Janus Forum, Grossman School of Business
- Caroline Beer, College of Arts and Sciences
- Jan Carney, College of Medicine
- Chris Koliba, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Don Loeb, College of Arts and Sciences
- Curt Ventriss, The Rubenstein School of Environment and Natural Resources
- Art Woolf, College of Arts and Sciences
The Janus Forum also maintains close ties with the University of Vermont Lawrence Debate Union. The Lawrence Debate Union, currently ranked in the top twenty university debate programs in the world, is student organization dedicated to promoting change through debate and discourse.
Helen Morgan-Parmett, Edwin W. Lawrence Endowed Professor of Forensics, directs the Lawrence Debate Union and participates in the Janus Forum staff group. Three Lawrence Debate Union students regularly contribute to Janus Forum content. Charlotte Parker Gliserman ’18 is the Janus Forum’s Social Media Strategist, assisted by Alex Von Stange ’21. Kaya Sittinger ’21 serves as the Lawrence Debate Union-Janus Forum liaison.