We tested ~ 30g of our early varieties on August 8th and harvested our first Saaz plot of the season on August 12th at the research hopyard in Alburgh, VT. Several of our early and mid-season varieties are ready to harvest.
Please continue to practice meticulous hop processing so that our local brewers have excellent hops this year!
A few harvesting tips to ensure high quality:
- Take pre-harvest moisture samples (see our Hop Harvest Readiness Factsheet)
- Cut down only what you can pick that same day
- Keep your cut hops out of the sun
- Dry your hops to 8% moisture
- Seal your dried hops or pellets and freeze