March 8 Visit

My site can be classified as a woodland, or more specifically a Norther Hardwood Forest. Tree species like Red Oak, a variety of Maples, Birch, and Spruce can be easily seen on this landscape. Squirrel, deer, and beaver (seen in the early months of school) are commoners in this little patch of forest which also point to its woodland characterization. In warmer months wild flowers and an array of ferns can be seen growing in this area.

Since last visiting the amount of snow coverage has diminished due to the amount of perception. The path on which my site is located on has become some what of a mud slide with treacherous walking. Once at my site which is located at the top of a cliff there is evident since of water flowing downhill from the patterns left in the mud. There is are also lots of rocks now visible with the snow melt and perception sticking up from the ground (signs of erosion). Not evident from where you stand on my site but because of some walking I have done further down the trail there is a retention pond which probably saw an increase in volume due to how much snow melted.

~ by hnyoike on March 18, 2019.