Produce Safety Alliance Grower Training – November 7 & 8 – Richmond, VT

Good Morning,

As the new Outreach and Education Coordinator for VAAFM’s Produce Program, I’d like to share with you the upcoming Produce Safety Alliance Grower Training held in Richmond, VT on November 7 and 8. Attached is a sheet containing more information on who should attend, benefits of attending, and what to expect from the training. In partnership with UVM Extension, we are happy to offer this training at a subsidized cost ($30) and are encouraging all produce growers to attend. Please spread the word about this training utilizing the attached sheet to your apple and grape growers and/or anyone else you feel will benefit from the training.

I’d also like to take this opportunity to introduce myself as I’m sure I will be communicating with you regularly. Before moving to Vermont, I lived in Breckenridge, Colorado for the past 5 years where I obtained a BA in Sustainability Studies. My most recent work has been with environmental non-profit, High Country Conservation Center, where I worked to help promote solutions for waste reduction and resource conservation. Now in my second week at VAAFM, I’m very excited to dive into working with partners and stakeholders to help educate the produce industry about produce safety and FSMA. I look forward to working with you all.

Please reach out with any questions regarding the training.

Best,

Dominique Giroux

Produce Program Outreach and Education Coordinator

Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food & Markets

116 State Street |Montpelier VT 05602-2901

Dominique.Giroux | (802) 522-3132

http://agriculture.vermont.gov/produceprogram

PSA-Grower-Course-Invitation November 2017.pdf