Posted: April 7th, 2017 by fcs
- Tape clones completed at 01:54 (2d 18h 9m).
- Added forty more tapes to the Scratch pool.
- Repaired retention times: 16 tapes, 58 save sets.
- Ran the NWQuickScript and filled out the data domain sizing questionaire.
- Analyzed the WiSS to SQLite test from yesterday – pretty much the same as 3/31’s test.
- Yesterday’s creation issue resolved.
- Generated possible patch for saslauthd reporting.
- Updated LDAP entry personal info because self-help is broken.
Posted: April 6th, 2017 by fcs
- CEMS machine once again has a timeout failure.
- Fighting with mmrecov to see if I can test the DB conversion that way.
- One wrong SURNAME issue in last night’s update.
- Asking HR for clarification.
- HR confirms finding. Set up to resolve itself tonight.
- Something wonky with saslauthd on pacarana?
Posted: April 5th, 2017 by fcs
- New ns2 has more issues… addresses and firewall – got it sorted.
- Repaired retention times: 11 tapes, 12 save sets
- Scratch pool is running low – added sixty more tapes.
- Removed 218 defunct client definitions, added 1 back in (oops!).
- DISK clones completed at 12:35 (1d 4h 51m).
- Setting up to try the db conversion again tomorrow.
- cleaned up a new employee entry.
Posted: April 4th, 2017 by fcs
- One client replaced and NetWorker client broken.
- Started the clones for the week at 7:44.
- Tape Vaulting:
- Fifty-seven tapes to the vaults.
- Forty tapes brought back from the vaults and labeled.
- Repair retention times: 21 tapes, 136 save sets.
- Review the multi-hour log of the WiSS to SQLite conversion.
- Removed 96 of 306 clients that no longer have any backups left.
Posted: April 3rd, 2017 by fcs
- Down to eight Scratch volumes, added 80 more.
- Testing the WiSS to SQLite media database conversion.
- DISK clones completed at 10:46 (3d 2h 39m).
- One employee dropped, no proper job definitions.
- testing in development:
- SSN validation changes.
- CellPhone list should be deterministic (makes it much easier to test)
- Updated definitions for a couple of printers – will they work?
Posted: March 31st, 2017 by fcs
- Repaired retention times: 24 tapes, 57 save sets.
- Tape Vaulting:
- Moved 40 tapes to vaults.
- Found 11 tapes in vaults that said they needed to go.
- Brought back and labeled 40 tapes from the vaults.
- All created accounts got their email bounced because of fall-out
from my update to the Exchange Resources process yesterday.
UVM Schema was outdated on the mail servers.
- Confirmed that lifetime email entitlement is being set for everyone
with a degree issued in 2015 and beyond.
- Removed an old printer.
- Added in its replacement.
Posted: March 30th, 2017 by fcs
- Generated list of Windows clients on request.
- Three issues in last night’s update.
- Found and set up two of them to resolve tonight.
- Third is complicated, going to HR for resolution.
- Pushed Exchange Resource update into production.
Posted: March 29th, 2017 by fcs
- What’s up with fsb4?
- A user created public_html/New/New/New/… 227 levels deep. nuked it.
- Repaired retention times: 42 tapes, 266 save sets.
- Meeting with vendor about backup product.
- Started DISK and TAPE clones.
- TAPE Clones completed at 18:25 (10h 18m).
- Updated config for proxy work and resources.
- Updated LDAP entry to allow lookaside to clear tonight.
- Updated cfengine for new ca-bundle.crt from RedHat.
Posted: March 28th, 2017 by fcs
- Repair retention times: 2 tapes, 16 save sets.
- Still waiting on OSP to clear up the confusion from last weekend.
- Working on the Resource extraction code.
- Answering questions from IAM about BCA status.
Posted: March 23rd, 2017 by fcs
- Repair retention times: 9 tapes, 56 save sets.
- FSGen3 clones completed at 13:02 (24ss, 19988.7GB, 1d 23h 34m).
- Talk with a vendor about YABP.
- Update email address for one person to remove old addresses.
- Progress/decisions on the app design.
- Decisions about the exchange resources synchronization with AD/LDAP.