- Non-Paid Faculty:
- Got the questions answered. Will there be follow-up questions?
- Hey! No problems? Sheesh…
- Account Rename:
- Got one that wanted the old firstname.lastname@example.org to deliver to the new email@example.com email address. That takes manual intervention. Just a couple of seconds, and is not the norm (at least not yet).
- Tape Dance:
- Labeling the tapes that were retrieved from the vault earlier this week. An intensely manual process to make sure I don’t accidentally cause a needed tape to be wiped!
- New Hardware:
- Posted the conclusion email to the team. 900MB/s across NFS with jumbo frames and r/wsize of 32K using 128KB blocksize writes. Very acceptable to me – who is used to seeing 200MB/s writes to the NexSan devices with 4Gb fibre connections.
- Also running the updateXpress ISO to see what if anything needs to be updated on the 7914’s.
- Oops. Looks like something is wrong with the process that builds those – it hasn’t gotten anything new since July! Well, Kent’s looking at that.
- Broken Hardware:
- Another worn out tape drive is retired – thank goodness for the support contract that covers these things. The rate at which we wear them out would be cost prohibitive otherwise!