Posted: February 23rd, 2017 by fcs
- Replace failed tape drives.
- Three backup groups had issues with the “not properly defined” bug.
- Apparently, I failed to run the fix properly last night.
- All the clients with the problem were already on the list.
- Qualstar RMAs:
- RMA #50565: Replace 9310145548 (*526d7)
- New drive: 1310286449 (*b9e5b)
- RMA #50566: Replace 1310154835 (*54f56)
- FedEx did not get the new drive here today.
- Started clones
- COMIS clones finished at 12:48 (28m).
- TAPE clones finished at 18:46 (2h 26m).
- DISK clones finished at 21:04 (8h 44m).
- Update the preferred name for a person per request.
- Lifetime Email eligibility reduced to Degree issued in 2015 or later.
- Adds 1,309 people to the eligible list.
- Side effect is that 12,678 people get updated entitlements.
- Updated password rules for former student realm to deal with lifetime email.
Posted: February 22nd, 2017 by fcs
- February Backup Maintenance Day
- That client has a full filesystem, again.
- Reclaimed one tape for the vaults.
- Two tape drives had failures over the long weekend:
- Dumps taken – sent to Qualstar.
- One is bad, one not so much.
- RMA #50565 issued to replace 9310145548 (*526d7).
- This drive was installed on February 3 (18 days ago)!
- 1310154837 (*54f56) is not rebooting cleanly – Linux issue?
- Will not go “online” – it has a communication problem.
- The carrier is powering on, but the drive itself is not.
- Qualstar issues RMA #50566 to replace the drive.
- Updated for portal feed of test account.
- Convert an Opened account into an Unlocked account.
Posted: February 21st, 2017 by fcs
- Another client fails because it has a full disk.
- Retention Repairs: nine (9) tapes, twenty-nine (29) save sets.
- Pulling down new NW9.0 and NW9.1 updates and full release.
- Pulling down NW220.127.116.11 – and testing.
- One issue in last night’s update – found and set up for resolution.
- One account that is wonky after work done by IAM yesterday:
- Need to find out exactly what was done.
- Customer had AD accounts removed, LDAP accounts locked.
- Deleted LDAP accounts. All better now.
- ISO netreg work on MacTraps.
Posted: February 17th, 2017 by fcs
- Three groups failed due to normal complications.
- Retention times: four (4) tapes; twenty (20) save sets.
- Announced 21. Februar maintenance window.
- Disabled the last client of a COMIS group, so disabled group too.
- Tape Vaulting – 159 tapes
- Setting up some special accounts.
- Dealing with some interesting questions.
Posted: February 16th, 2017 by fcs
- Clones complete – did maintenance.
- Repaired retention times of twenty-one (21) save sets across seventeen (17) tapes.
- RFP work – is it final?
- Automated Purge run aborted when found a locked LTEMAIL eligible account.
- Cleaned up that LDAP entry (and unlocked the account).
- Search of LDAP uncovered two more – cleaned them up too.
- Post-Mortem: All three accounts were granted degrees on January 26, 2017.
They were not eligible for the life-time email classification until then.
- Second running of Automated Purge completed in just over two hours.
- VPN group update per request from EAS.
Posted: February 15th, 2017 by fcs
- COMIS clones completed at 07:25 (22h 59m).
- Repaired retention times of seventeen (17) save sets across ten (10) tapes.
- Added fake client to make cf-engine stop complaining.
- DISK clones completed at 14:45 (1d 6h 19m).
- FSGen3 clones completed at 22:47 (1d 14h 21m).
- Looking at usage trends.
- New Retiree list from HR: +5, -4.
- Tweak the LDAP entry for an incoming OSP entry.
Posted: February 14th, 2017 by fcs
- RS2 – networker client is being constantly clobbered by cfengine.
- Tried several things. Finally found /etc/hosts had the “wrong” name as primary.
- Added 40 tapes to the Scratch pool.
- Reclaimed two (2) tapes for the vaults.
- Repaired retention times of fifty-five (55) save sets across twenty-two (22) tapes.
- Weekly clones started @ 8:26
- TAPE clones complete at 9:14 (47 minutes).
- Updated displayName per request from IAM.
- Cleaned up dangling group ownerships from the 940 departmental accounts cleaned up on Friday.
Posted: February 13th, 2017 by fcs
- COMIS med08 full disk.
- FSGen3 clones finished 2/8 19:55 (2d 10h 44m).
- TAPE clones finished 2/9 7:28 (2d 22h 17m).
- Repair retention times of 109 save sets across nine (9) tapes.
- Added new client per request from group member.
- Remove 940 LDAP entries for long removed departmental accounts.
- Update two (2) LDAP entries for removed and re-created departmental accounts.
- Update VPN group for user per requests.
- Set up last night’s update issue to resolve itself tonight.
- Set up test account for alumni email stuff
Posted: February 10th, 2017 by fcs
- COMIS med08 backup fails – no disk space.
- SB bioquest backup fails – system does not respond.
- SB cedar continues to crawl toward a completion (two weeks now).
- With permission from owner – killed it.
- CEMS edora backup fails – authentication timed out.
- UVM pespenilab backup fails – out of space.
- DISK Clones complete at 04:34 (1d 19h 23m).
- Repair retention times of forty-one (41) save sets across sixteen (16) tapes.
- Research demo install of a product.
- RFP Editing.
- Tweak reporting of ALUMNUS process – remove extra blank line before “dn:”.
- displayName change per IAM request.
Posted: February 8th, 2017 by fcs
- Repair retention times of thirty-six (36) save sets across seventeen (17) tapes.
- Cloning ran out of scratch tapes. OOPS! Add eighty (80) tapes to the pool.
- Tweak alumnus update script and the installer.
- Update LDAP entry to handle OSP feed changing an SSN.
- Add group memberships for account on zebra.