Posted: March 2nd, 2015 by fcs
- No issues over the weekend.
- (Flashback to Saturday) Updated the ldif_diff program so the member (and all dnCompare users) use a new routine dnAttrSearch to limit the number of times each value is passed to dnNormalize to one (instead of once for every comparison). Dropped the length of time the code ran from two (2) hours to three (3) minutes.
- The AFTD that was the target for the backup load this week filled up at midnight this morning for about 20 minutes.
- Three full-save groups are still running this morning from over the weekend (the usual ones). I need them to finish before I can start clones (or at least – mostly finish)
- Generated list of Virtual and Physical clients… Found some that are not really active, but they think they are.
Old System Maintenance:
- Got extended support for an old system – but there is no maintenance available in that base channel – did I miss something?
Posted: February 27th, 2015 by fcs
- Issue: not a one!
- Working on seeing if I can improve the ldif_diff time process for the Active Directory update.
- AFTD space used reports are staying relatively correct on test system – still off the wall on the production system.
Posted: February 26th, 2015 by fcs
- Issue – one item match, wrong surname: Uhm… I think the name got put into the OSP database backwards… Confirmed. I have removed the entry and we will let nature take its course.
- Clones: all done for this week.
- SR66570742 – rework the script so the messy data gathering is not included.
- Cleaned up the 626 index:xxx SSIDs that do not really exist. Fortunately, all of them are over three years old.
- SR 66027568/6847046 – ran the tests having the data written from sn5-sn9.
- Dealing with mail-reply-loops from three other Footprints systems (one in the states and two in Canada).
- BMC Issue 342136 – netid search – asked if there was any further progress in finding an answer
- BMC Issue 348319 – CARP server error – BMC response confirmed what I already knew – the form is sending garbage. David fixed that copy of the form last night. So, I thanked BMC and told them to close the issue. I just hope that there are no more copies of the old form hanging around.
Posted: February 25th, 2015 by fcs
- No issues.
- Wrote an “audit” to track how well the former student realm tracks what LDAP is expecting.
- Another query about my star pupil who was all over the place yesterday trying to get instant gratification. Patience, son, learn to be patient!
- Clones: CoM/IS working on that last 8T saveset. Tape and Disk completed.
- Save groups: CoM/IS SQL backup system is again having VSS issues; another system shutdown by a team member and I did not think to check if it was being backed up.
- Wrote an audit to catch how far off reality the AFTD’s are getting (SR66570742).
Posted: February 24th, 2015 by fcs
- Where have all the issues gone?
- Wow! 12,273 new Former Students last night – Banner feed was updated so that Former Students keep that affiliation forever now.
- Updated the rename an account script to deal with the new former student kerberos realm.
- Disk and Tape clones completed. CoM/IS continues.
- Rebuilt the test server – see if the “fix” for SR 66570742 will actually work. If it does, I’ll sneak it onto the production servers somewhere along the way.
Posted: February 23rd, 2015 by fcs
- No issues over the weekend.
- Working on the account rename routine updates for the new Luminis version.
- Maintenance day.
- EMC SR 66570742 – No response from EMC at all. Time to call in.
- So – no update today. Duty Manager is going to chase down the tech and his manager to see about getting a response.
- Got email from Eric who is taking over as the Tech. The fix is declared working and is included in the 220.127.116.11 release. Of course, I have just put on a hotfix in 18.104.22.168 for the persistent binding issue, so I can’t jump to 22.214.171.124.
- EMC SR 64026734 – I misunderstood. The error is still supposed to be issued (and shows up in the Log on NMC) but not cause an Alert (and it does not). YAY. Put the hotfix into production.
- Should I talk with people about webauth or just do it?
Posted: February 20th, 2015 by fcs
- A new employee with a bad SSN. A student. Found, merged, sponged away the writing.
- All clones finished. I might be able to sneak in a round of reboots tonight.
- Defined a new client and then realized I had entered that name into the local DNS with a fake address because it was an OLD (as in 5 years ago) client. Doh. Now, the client has the wrong address and needs a NetWorker restart before it will work.
- No updates from EMC on the three issues I am working with them.
- That search issue: 342136 – no response from BMC
- Found the sequence and it is working.
- Now I need to figure out how to let both local and webauth authentication work.
Posted: February 19th, 2015 by fcs
- One issue. A new employee that matches an existing record except it might not. But it does. Merged and account created.
- CoM/IS clones completed. Disk Clones still running.
- Performed the second round of tests for SR 66027568 (DD Compression) and sent results off to EMC. They are pretty much the same as yesterday’s numbers. That is not so good. This could indicate a NIC congestion issue is the right answer. Further tests using NetWorker (penguin-backup -> sn5/sn9 to see that) are needed.
- SR66570742 (AFTD % Used) – no response to Tuesday’s email – updating the SR directly, perhaps I will get a response that way?
- SR64026734 (Persistent Names – Scan issue) – installed the updated dvdetect program and ran the test – sent EMC the output – still generates error messages. /sigh.
- Put together preliminary plan for system maintenance to be done on February 23.
- Issue 342136 – Don reports that having applied the patch, it still does not work. Reported to BMC how I had got the patch to work and asked for a new webex so we can figure out why it is not working now.
- Forced a logo that was too large to be smaller (made it look ugly, but it fits and does not block critical elements of the page now).
- Working on tying webauth into calendar.
Posted: February 18th, 2015 by fcs
- One Issue: New student employee — found it, merged it.
- Tape clones completed.
- Two tape drives had multiple short writes. Taking dumps and sending in reports.
- sn4 – 50050763120411D4 – 1310106436 – sn0
- sn10 – 500507631204094D – 1310143668 – sn0
- Dumps taken and sent to Qualstar for analysis.
- Qualstar finds nothing wrong. Performing read/write test.
- EMC SR66027568/66847046 (DD Compression): Wrote the three files across the network from 5 to 9 to dd and reported the compression ratio to EMC. Asked if there was anything else they wanted before I deleted and cleaned (and did the 5 to dd step).
- BMC closed the issue we had opened (342136) even though we reported that the patch did not apply. So, I opened a new one (347278) and referenced 342136 and the fact that FULLTEXT_INDEX is not completely disabled and we still need the patch.
- I wonder how long it will take for BMC to realize that the problem was the filename of the patch they gave me? I renamed it to end with .pm.zip instead of .pm_20150212141640.zip and suddenly MRpatch.pl likes it.
Posted: February 17th, 2015 by fcs
- No issues over the weekend.
- Ooo! Emergency ACL update for the OracleContext records.
- Work on feed to AD Test environment.
- Clones started (even though the CoM/IS full save from the weekend chugs on).
- SR 66570742 (AFTD Space Calculation) fix installed on test system. But, no directions on what it fixes.
- Discussion about how to archive old issues from an workspace.