Posted: January 29th, 2015 by fcs
- Issue: A new former student. Dance done.
- NWS access for the cisco phone system they are working on. That was way harder than it should have been, but it is finally working (7 hours later!).
- Tape clones started (and finished) – CoM/IS and Disk clones continue.
Posted: January 28th, 2015 by fcs
- We has an issue: New Employee, no SSN; No match found. Asking HR for assistance. HR found the student that I was not able to. Banner had put what I assumed was the person’s Middle name as part of their first name. Merged.
- Special update to the Active Directory feed from LDAP for our dear friend Alex.
- Disk clones continue, CoM/IS clones started.
- Tape backups still running.
Posted: January 27th, 2015 by fcs
- No issues in last night’s update.
- CoM/IS and Tape backups from the weekend continue.
- Disk clones started.
- Updating for a system migration (an Authentication Agent this time – not the SecurID servers)
- A little 1-on-1 training with the Account Services lead.
- Issue 5067, Project 128 – client ignored warning emails and had “important message” delivered via email to closed account. Checking of when the “important message” should have been received.
- BMC Issue 342136 – customer is still not able to get complete searches returned. Suggested Roger let BMC know that we have disabled the Full Text Indexes.
- Recovering from SSD upgrade:
- OpenSSL certificates: put the cert.pem (copied from ca-bundle.crt on a Linux system) in /System/Library/OpenSSL and wait 15 minutes.
- JAVA: Download the 2014-001 package from http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572 and install it.
Posted: January 26th, 2015 by fcs
- After the Friday night fiasco (caused by a pair of missing dquotes in the control script), there were not further issues in the weekend updates.
- Lack of failures – but a bunch of them are still running this morning.
- Downloaded the NW8.2sp1 packages.
Posted: January 23rd, 2015 by fcs
- Three issues reported in last night’s update:
- CatCard upset about a merge we did: Today, I sent an email to the folks in the catcard office explaining the situation.
- Two invalid SSN’s in new employees: Found their student entries and merged them together.
- Put selinux into permissive mode on test ldap replica server to get the feel for that.
- Update the way smbclient is used to delivery files. Will need to verify actually works tomorrow.
- Creating a series of How-To thoughts – talking points for Monday’s meeting.
- Yesterday’s SSL certificate updates caused trouble overnight. Blast it.
- Replaced it with the older certificate that meets the non-standard requirements of the current software.
Posted: January 22nd, 2015 by fcs
- Three errors in last night’s update:
- Catcard issue: Those two entries that I merged yesterday seem to both have ID cards. Yuck.
- Former Student: Did the Dance.
- No SSN in new employee: Found and merged.
- Another account duplication caused by SOR’s and their refusal to include needed identifying information.
- The two machines that *I* turned off yesterday failed to backup. Hmmm – I will have to talk to that lazy sysadmin!
- SSL certificate work.
Posted: January 21st, 2015 by fcs
- Clones all completed.
- Tape retrieved from Vault for Emergency Recovery.
- No Update issues.
- Merged two entries for the same person into one.
- Migration from 6.1 to 8.1
- cardinal2 is only system that has a problem. That was a typo in the firewall. Fixed and all set.
- Old servers disabled.
- Scheduled meeting to show new interface to people.
Posted: January 20th, 2015 by fcs
- Tape and Disk Clones (started as the maintenance completed yesterday) finished. CoM/IS clones are almost done.
- Generating the checklist of how to do things tomorrow. Found several systems that were shutoff in the past – those nine (9) systems have been deleted from the ones that I need to worry about.
Posted: January 19th, 2015 by fcs
- Upgraded to 188.8.131.52.Build.443
Posted: January 17th, 2015 by fcs
- Two issues – both former students – added.
- Disk clones completed at 10pm last night.
- Put NetWorker packages in place for Monday.
- Deployed new version of NMC.