What is the MyTherEx Research Study?
MyTherEx is an investigation of the use of mobile applications (apps) to support physical therapy home exercise adherence for people with osteoarthritis.
Who is eligible:
- Individuals age 50-75, who are also:
- Planning to receive physical therapy for treatment of osteoarthritis.
- Have access to and use a smartphone or tablet; have a willingness to use an app as part of physical therapy treatment.
What is required?
- Receive physical therapy at one of three participating clinics.
- Complete physical therapy evaluations and questionnaires at three time points and maintain a log of prescribed home exercise.
- Willingness to be randomly assigned to one of two groups (usual care home exercise program or home exercise program using an app)
What are the benefits?
- Contribute to our understanding on the use of mobile apps to support home exercise for people with osteoarthritis.
- Participants are eligible to receive up to $200 in incentives for participating in the study.
To sign up or request more information please contact Nancy Gell at: 802-656-9265 or mobilePT@med.uvm.edu