Whoa!

24 Sep

Alright, so this week has been awesome! Okay, so maybe I’m lacking sleep… a little bit, which means that my focus and attention in class has been difficult to maintain, but WHOA. It’s been good.

Last night I served food at the salvation army. I feel very fortunate to be able to serve these people with love. Some of these people work so very hard to get out of the situation they are in. The Salvation Army is so wonderful to give these people food every night. It felt good, being there.

And I’m also very fortunate to be able to go to Belvidere, Vermont tonight. A family from my church made homemade root beer and ice cream, plus some delicious food, AND are having bonfire. It’s going to be  a blast! I’m just so happy to be able to receive so much love from my community! ^_^

There are times when I feel the world (including myself) is broken, wounded and hurting. What encourages me is being about to help the world around me, and then seeing the good that comes out of my actions. Also, knowing that there are things in this world, like spending time with great people, that remind me of how much love there is… that’s what makes me keep going. ♥