Coordinator of Education Programs
The One World Conservation Center seeks an environmental educator to develop and manage educational programs and activities for our tri-state community for the coming fall and winter seasons. Key responsibilities will be:
- Organize and publicize weekly nature programs for adults and/or children through early November. The coordinator will be expected to lead half the programs and to engage instructors for topics outside his/her areas of expertise for the other programs.
- Assist planning for programs to introduce “BeaverWalk!”, a wetland boardwalk to be constructed by September 6.
- Assist the planning of our Winter Lecture Series, “The Valley We Live In”, to be scheduled over 4-6 weeks beginning mid-January.
- Conduct group tours of the Greenberg Reserve for schools and area organizations.
- Prepare a report the conclusion of the fall series of programs.
The One World Conservation Center is located at 413 US Route 7S in Bennington. It provides nature education and experience to children and adults in Southwest Vermont, New York Capital District and Berkshire County, Massachusetts. Its headquarters provide expansive indoor program space. Its adjacent 96-acre Greenberg Reserve is our living laboratory, with meadow, wetland and woodland environments.
We seek an energetic, creative individual who possesses knowledge of the ecology of New England and teaching experience. The position is half-time for 10 weeks, with possibility of continuation, to begin no later than August 12, 2013.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of two references to: Educator Search, One World Conservation Center, PO Box 4715, Bennington, VT 05201. The position will be open until filled.