Here’s another exciting opportunity at the University of Maryland! Please share with potential candidates, including soon-to-be graduates.
The Community Garden Coordinator, with a coalition of community partners, will facilitate the creation of an intergenerational training ground for small-scale, intensive, sustainable agriculture. Working with a dynamic team of project leaders, the VISTA will transform an abandoned parcel of land into a garden bursting with nutritious vegetables grown by refugee families, middle school students, and other neighborhood residents.
The Coordinator will:
1. Collaboratively develop a concept plan for the garden with input and approval from neighborhood residents and partner agencies.
2. Coordinate the building and development of the garden.
3. Fundraise $2,000 for garden materials and coordinate installation with volunteers.
4. Recruit 150 partner agency representatives and neighborhood residents to participate in workdays, educational workshops, and ongoing garden maintenance.
5. Develop a system for measuring impacts of the garden on participants.
For more information, see https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=48981
Senior Project Manager
Office of Sustainability
University of Maryland