The Vermont Technology Council is committed to helping connect in-state businesses with motivated, capable students, to the benefit of both. Businesses provide the opportunities; students provide the talent; and the Technology Council brings the two together.
This year’s internship program is just now ramping up. Please check the website (http://vttechcouncil.org/internships.html) regularly to explore all of the new job postings.
Businesses throughout the state recognize the value of a qualified workforce — now and in the pipeline for the future. College students, meanwhile, need on-site work experience, where they can apply their knowledge and find a path that will encourage them to live and work in Vermont after graduation.
The Vermont Technology Council Internship Program is straightforward:
- Businesses provide paid summer internship opportunities for college students. As with any job, students are expected to give real value to the business.
- Businesses write up the position description by completing the easy online submission form.
- Each opening is widely marketed to prospective applicants — students attending colleges both within and outside of Vermont. This is achieved through: direct distribution of each opening to institutions; postings on the Council’s website; and contact with out-of-state students.
- Students apply for positions by submitting their application materials directly to the host business as instructed in each internship posting.
- The business is under no obligation to hire; if a good candidate does not emerge or there are changed circumstances, the business can simply not extend an offer.
The Vermont Technology Council wants Vermont to become known as a place where internships are abundant. Students know that internships build resumes and lead to jobs, with the host company or another. Join the Council in building this important initiative – and in the process, develop your own talent pipeline.