Help Wanted: Farmers Market Manager for Hartland Farmers Market, Hartland Vermont
Job Posted: Feb 5, 2013
Position Starts March 2013
The Market Manager is the face of Hartland Farmers’ Market. He/she should be diplomatic and personable, a good problem solver, flexible, and organized. He/She will be able to work well independently and with others, including the steering committee; vendors; state and town representatives; health, food and weight inspectors; entertainers; and customers.
The Managers job will include
- Running a Farmers Market at the Hartland Library Fields on Fridays 4-7PM from June through September. (15 markets plus Farm Fest in 2013)
- Market Day set up, and take down, from approximately 2:30PM to 7:45PM.
- Planning, Promoting, Advertising, and Fundraising prior to and during market season including coordination with Hartland Farm and Food Festival.
- Recruiting vendors.
- Banking and Bookkeeping.
- Maintaining website and Facebook sites as well as e-mail correspondence.
- Scheduling and facilitating meetings with vendors (usually one meeting prior to market season) and steering committee members as needed.
- Maintaining memberships with NOFAVT and VT Farmers Market Association and attending annual association meetings.
Compensation: This is a part time position with a salary of $1200/season.
Applicant Instructions: Please send resume to email@example.com. Include a cover letter and references please.
Start Date: Mid March