Adventure Camp Counselor
Killington Parks & Recreation seeks a seasonal full-time energetic and organized Head Camp Counselor for its Rek & Trek Adventure Camp program, a traveling adventure day camp based at the Johnson Recreation Center in Killington. The selected candidate will be responsible for all campers and is expected to assist the Head Adventure Camp Counselor with the execution of daily activities. The selected candidate must be available to work for the entire camp season. The position will report to the Recreation Director.
- Aid in the organization and execution of the Rek & Trek Adventure Camp program
- Assume responsibility for the safety of campers
- Identify and meet camper needs throughout daily activities, including hiking, swimming, and other activities as assigned
- Follow camp objectives, rules, policies, and guidelines
- Serve as a positive role model for youth and problem solve through situations and seek assistance when necessary
- Maintain good relations with campers’ parents
- Be punctual, organize and participate enthusiastically
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Desire and ability to work with children outdoors
- Experience in an adventure camp setting and working with children, ages 4 – 13
- Ability to lead camp activities, including hikes, rock climbing, horseback riding, swimming, and other activities as assigned
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self-control
- Full season commitment, mid-June through mid-August
- Attend training dates prior to camp
- Have reliable transportation and a current valid drivers license
- High school graduate or equivalent, or at least 18 years of age. Some college preferred.
- CPR/First Aid Certification
Interested applicants should send a resume and references to Recreation@KillingtonTown.com. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Interviews begin immediately.