Teaching Assistant for Introduction to Geographic Information Systems
The Bard Center for Environmental Policy in Annandale-on-Hudson NY is seeking a teaching assistant for GIS: Tools for Analysis class spring semester 2013. This is a unique opportunity to teach students in a Masters of Environmental Policy or Masters in Climate Science and Policy program how to employ spatial analysis and mapping into their research. This position requires someone with strong capabilities in GIS and spatial analysis as well as a person with great communication and teaching skills. The teaching assistant will work with the instructor during two sections of the course on Wednesdays throughout the Spring 2013 semester.
Desired skills include:
- · Experience using ESRI’s ArcGIS suite of software including the Spatial, 3D, Network and Geostatistical Analyst extensions.
- · Familiarity with open source GIS tools such as QGIS and GeoData.
- · Ability to produce high quality cartographic products.
- · Experience using GPS to conduct spatial data inventories.
- · Familiarity with local, regional, national and global environmental issues.
To apply, send a cover letter, CV and names and contact information for three references by e-mail only to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed as received. Bard College is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. AA/EOE