You are cordially invited to attend the Organizational Change Forum: Sheltered Workshop Conversion to Community Employment to take place October 21-22, 2019 at the Hilton Burlington-Lake Champlain, Vermont. Join us for this dynamic event focused on employment for individuals with disabilities. Hear from leaders who have aligned federal, state, and local systems and agencies to move from sheltered work to offer exceptional community-based employment supports. Many realize it is time to change their workshops to community-based employment but aren’t sure how. The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) issued its final regulation defining a home and community-based setting. States have until March 2022 to ensure compliance with criteria of a home and community-based setting.
Keynote Speaker: Denise Bissonnette
- Dates: October 21-22, 2019 (9:00-4:00)
- Registration Fee: $350.00 per person includes materials, meals, and Lake Champlain Dinner Cruise (additional dinner cruise guest: $50.00). 10% discount for members of APSE or CASE
- Location: Hilton Burlington Lake Champlain, 60 Battery Street, Burlington, Vermont 05401 Overlooking scenic Lake Champlain and the Adirondack Mountains, the hotel is walking distance to the Lakefront Boardwalk and Church Street Marketplace and many other Vermont Attractions
- Room Rate of $179.00 per night. Room reservation must be made by October 4, 2019. Click HERE for Vermont APSE Room Block. or call 1-800-445-8667. Burlington International Airport is a 10-minute drive from the hotel (free shuttle).
- For More Information: Bryan.Dague@uvm.edu or call 802-656-1345
- Click HERE to Register!