fiNaL pHenOlOgY

As my first year at UVM comes to an end, I part ways for the summer with my phenology spot. I first discovered this spot on a hike with some friends through Centennial Woods, and fell in love with its secluded peaceful energy it radiated. From there, I began visiting this place each week, before I had even chosen it for my phenology blog. I watched the leaves change colors, the plants wear and prepare for winter. I saw animal tracks appear, and the snow melt. And finally, I saw life begin to emerge once again, with sprouting plants. Centennial Woods has over 70 acres of diverse habitat where nature and culture intertwine. Being one of the most visited natural areas at UVM, people come from all around campus to hike, study, and relax. The area was once apart of Champlain Sea, then later became an area of agriculture use for Vermont. A place where nature and culture have intertwined. I consider myself apart of my place. I have grown attached to this place over time. It has become a place where I feel safe and happy. I have a deep connection connection to the area.

Me and a worm XD