Home > Uncategorized > Hello, let’s get started

Hello, let’s get started

This entry is just for starting to use the blog. I’m just going to introduce myself and comment on the course. Please introduce yourself here by making a comment (below) in which you introduce yourself and share any comments you may have about taking this course.

I’m a professor here at the University of Vermont, and have been teaching at the Rubenstein School for 20 years. I’m an ecosystem ecologist and also have been doing work at the landscape-level and occasionally teaching Landscape Ecology. I’ve also been teaching Race and Culture in Natural Resources for almost two decades and believe that conservation and management of natural resources has to be more inclusive if it is going to be something that all the people in the U.S. care about.

fishing.jpg

(more informally…) I love all the seasons in Vermont starting with ski season, moving on to mud season, then river season (canoeing and rafting), and finally “leaf peeper” season (taking walks on the colorful leaves). If you have a volleyball, I’m game. NEXT INTRODUCTION …

Categories: Uncategorized
  1. Dan
    May 26, 2010 at 4:01 pm | #1

One slight issue: I’m unable to open the link to the syllabus.

2. Dan
    May 26, 2010 at 3:48 pm | #2

Hi all,

I’m definitely planning on doing this summer version of NR 206. I’ve been running around doing work for my dad, packing, moving, and celebrating my brother’s graduation. I guess I wasn’t aware of how quickly this course is moving. It’s my plan to catch up today and tomorrow, and to take the exam on Friday. Sorry about this late response, and I’ll do my best to show that I’m sincerely interested in completing the course.

I’m a fan of Cherry Garcia, I like to ride bikes a lot, and I’m really excited about hiking and camping this summer. I’ll also be a senior Rubenstein student in Environmental Science. Also, I can think of nothing more delightful than swimming in a creek right now.

3. Deane
    May 20, 2010 at 12:18 pm | #3

Hi Jessica,

Right now it’s just you and me. Only you and Dan signed up for the 206 summer version, and Dan is not responding to email. Fortunately, this

online version is amenable to anywhere from 1 to 25 students. You’ll just have fewer folks to see what they think.

4. Jessica Fefer
    May 19, 2010 at 11:02 pm | #4

Hi Deane, Hi Class!

Sorry I’m starting so late, I wasn’t aware that the class started on the 12th…communication error I guess. But now I’m here, and now I will do my best to catch up! My name is Jessica, I’m going to be a senior next year in the Rubenstien School, and my favorite ice cream will always be cookie dough, although phish food is pretty high up on my list as well! yummm.

5. Deane
    May 12, 2010 at 8:41 pm | #5

Right now I think my favorite ice cream is Phish Food. How about yours?

1. No trackbacks yet.