ENTRY DEADLINE: MARCH 21st
Students in undergraduate or graduate UVM English Department courses are invited to submit outstanding papers—any nonfiction topic or genre—completed since March 2010 for our annual Allbee Awards for Outstanding Nonfiction Prose Writing in the following categories:
- Outstanding paper by a student in English 1
- Outstanding personal essay or creative non-fiction writing
- Outstanding paper by a student in an English course numbered 50-199
- Outstanding paper by a Senior for any English course
- Outstanding seminar paper by an MA student in English
You need not be an English major to enter the undergraduate competitions. Students may submit more than one paper. Each entry should be clearly labeled with your name, telephone number, and email address, as well as the Allbee category for which you’re submitting it, and the course, professor, and semester in which it was completed. Submissions are due to the English office, 400 Old Mill, by 3:30 p.m. Monday, March 21st.
Winning writers will receive a generous cash prize and be honored at the English Department’s Honors Day in late April.
For more information please contact Sheila Boland Chira, coordinator of the awards, at Sheila.BolandChira@uvm.edu.