From the list of brainstormed topics you developed in class, choose one that’s most compelling to you and that you can explore both through your experience and by researching what others have said about it. Then think of a moment from your life that jumps immediately to mind when you think of this question or issue. Write a snapshot of that moment in a way that conveys the questions/concerns that you have about it. Finally make a list of those questions you want to answer, things you need to learn more about as you investigate this topic through both experience and research. What kinds of resources can you turn to as you investigate each of these questions?
1. Choose an issue from your list that you can discuss in terms of your experience and outside research
2. Think of an experience that you have with that issue
3. Write a scene of that moment that conveys the questions/concerns you have
4. List those questions/concerns
5. List the kinds of resources you could potentially use to answer these questions