The VCCYF with support from the Department of Mental Health, has partered with the state to provide child psychiatry support to four Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) across the state. These services are provided by child psychiatry fellows and supervised by UVM College of Medicine attendings. Services include the following.
- Regular slots to perform child psychiary evaluations via videoconferencing technology with the family coming to the FQHC and being liked to the child psychiatry fellow in Burlington
- Availability to answer clinical questions by phone or email from staff at that FQHC
- Telepsychiatry training sessions on selected topics
Currently the four sites are the following
- Northern Tier Community Health (NoTCH), Richford, VT
- Community Health Centers of the Rutland Region, Rutland VT
- Northern Counties Health Care, St Johnsbury VT
- The Health Center, Plainfield VT
We hope to be able to expand our services to other centers in the future. To find out about more health initiatives, you can also view te website of the Bi-State Primary Care Association.
If your family is considering participating in this program, please look at the following video to find out more about how the program works.