1. Does this project move from a unique question (not necessarily phrased as a question) to an original explanation?
2. Does the author’s voice come through? Could this research project have been written by anyone else? Or is it clear that the author is personally invested?
3. Does the research command authority and make you listen? Is it sufficient to support the argument and integrated well?
4. Is the project clear, readable, and engaging? Even for someone who may not know a lot about the subject?
5. Is the required interview present (or will it be present)? If so, how does it integrate with the rest of the project?
6. Is the research both documented and cited in a clear way?
The key idea here is originality. This should not be a research project that either has been written, or could have been written by anyone.