UVM Extension with support from the USDA’s Northeast Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education program will offer five one-day workshops on crop storage throughout Vermont this fall. Workshops will focus on long-term storage of crops for sale through the winter and into early spring, but will be relevant to many agricultural and food storage needs.
- the growing importance of long-term crop storage
- principles of energy and heat transfer
- basic heating and refrigeration
- construction for utility and efficiency
- maintaining temperature, airflow and humidity
- biological processes of crops in storage
- storage characteristics of various crops, and
- sizing and design of storage systems.
- Brattleboro – 9/17
- Rutland – 9/19
- White River Junction – 10/9
- St. Johnsbury – 10/10
- Shelburne – 10/16