Champlain Valley Crop, Soil & Pasture Team
2012 Annual Reports:
UVM Extension’s Champlain Valley Crop, Soil & Pasture team is proud to offer many opportunities for farmers and others to learn more techniques to grow the highest quality crops in the most efficient way, while protecting soil health and water quality. Below are just some of the publications and events we have available.
As always feel free to call or email if you would like additional information:
email@example.com | (802) 388-4969
Please find publications developed by the Champlain Valley Crop, Soil & Pasture Team below. They are arranged by topic. There are also some links to other UVM Extension sites with great resources.
Grazing & Pasture
- Managing Pasture as a Crop – A Guide to Good Grazing
A Grazing Guide for Vermont Livestock Producers written by Dr. Darrell Emmick
Available as a downloadable PDF – Managing Pasture as a Crop
Field & Forage Crops
- FACT SHEET: No Till for Cover Crops, Pasture Improvement & New Seedings
- FACT SHEET: Cover Crops as Forage Crops
- No Till Drill Poster
- ARTICLE: Frost Seeding, A Cheap Alternative to Improving Hay and Pasture Land (Dr. Heather Darby)
- ARTICLE: Evaluating and Managing Alfalfa Stands for Winter Injury (Dr.Heather Darby)
- ARTICLE: Herbicide Resistance and Rotation to Cover Crops (W. Curran, Penn State)
- FACT SHEET: Fence Exclusion for Livestock Farmers‘ A short description of the ACAP program’s Livestock Exclusion cost share program to fence livestock out of streams and creeks.
- FACT SHEET: Record Keeping for Dairy & Beef Farms in Vermont. A good overview of record keeping requirements for beef & dairy farms in Vermont. Includes an easy to read table showing records requirements for Organic, MFO, Grazing and more!