Events hosted or with programing support by us – the Champlain Valley Crop, Soil and Pasture Team:
- Following the New Required Agricultural Practices (RAPs) in the Floodplain – For Farmers. April 4, Middlebury Extension Office, 10 am-12 pm. We will be discussing floodplain agriculture including: manure spreading ban, incorporation of manure, cover crops on annual cropland, and limitations of stacked manure. For more information contact Nate (802-388-4969 ext. 348).
- No-Till Planter Clinic.April 6, Gosliga Farm, Addison, 10 am-12 pm. For more information click here, or contact Rico (802-773-3349 ext. 281).
- Organic Certification Renewal Clinic. April 6 and April 11, Middlebury Extension Office, 10 am-4 pm. This year, applications must be submitted electronically. We are holding clinics to help you get it done. We will provide laptops or you can bring your own. To sign up and for more information contact Cheryl (802-388-4969 ext. 346)
- Crop Patrol and Discussion of Buffers and Grassed Waterways. Tentative Date April 20, Addison, 1-3 pm. For more information contact Nate (802-388-4969 ext. 348).
- Grazing Cover Crops and Harvesting Cover Crops for Forage. Upcoming events for early to mid May, details to be determined. For more information contact Nate (802-388-4969 ext. 348).
802-388-4969 ~ 23 Pond Lane, Suite 300 Middlebury, VT 05753
Events hosted by other affiliates:
- Dairy Science and Sanitation. May 10-11, 8:30 am-5 pm, UVM, Burlington, VT. Hosted by the UVM Extension and Cornell University. More information can be found here.
- The New RAP rules come into effect this year, and vegetative buffer requirements are in effect starting April 15, 2017. To see the entire list of RAP rule effective dates, see this link. Questions should be directed to VAAFM.
- The next VT NRCS Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP) application cutoff deadline is April 14, this includes all practices under a conservation activity plan (CAP) and ‘regular’ EQIP. Contact your local NRCS office for more information.