We’re in the thick of a beautiful (but hot!) Vermont summer, so now is the perfect time of year to stop by at one of Vermont’s many Farmer’s Markets. Qualifying households who participate in 3SquaresVT can double their buying power at Farmer’s Markets as each dollar spent is matched with Crop Cash.
Summer is also a great time to explore the outdoors. Starting this year, you can now get a free campsite and camping gear from the State of VT to make your first time camping experience a bit easier.
Does camping sound like too much for you this summer?! You can still get outdoors at the Ben & Jerry’s sponsored Summer Concert Series that happens each Tuesday night at dusk on Church St.
But be careful! With this heat, you should follow these heat wave guidelines courtesy of the VT Department of Health that include some surprising facts:
- During the spring and early summer, hot weather can be especially harmful, since our bodies are still adjusting to the warmer conditions
- People at higher risk during hot weather include older adults and children, people active outdoors, people without air conditioning, and people with chronic medical conditions
- Learn the symptoms of heat illnesses and basic first aid
- Most heat illnesses can be prevented and treated through rest, shade, and water
- The number of days reaching a statewide average of at least 87°F is expected to increase in the future due to climate change
Click below to find-out more about any of these summer happenings.