Effective June 2014, access to PnC from off campus is enabled via the VMware Horizon View Client, which must be installed on your machine. VPN is no longer required for remote access to PnC.
How to install the VMware Horizon View Client
The Horizon View Client is available for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android operating systems (Mac currently requires OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard or newer). If you have already installed it, skip these two steps. If not, proceed:
- Point your web browser at https://desktop.uvm.edu and select “Install VMware Horizon View Client” from the left side of the screen to download the installer. It should recognize which version you need. If not, select the link to “view the full list of VMware Horizon View Clients” and select the one that matches your operating system.
If you are installing on a Windows computer you might be prompted to choose an installer based on whether you are running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows. Not sure? This Microsoft web page should automatically detect the answer to that question for you.
- After it is downloaded, double-click the installer file to install the Horizon View Client software.
How to Run PnC Remotely
- Start up the VMware Horizon View Client that you installed earlier.
- Double-click the desktop.uvm.edu server.
(If you don’t see that option, select “Add Server” and enter the name “desktop.uvm.edu”–without the quotes–and click Connect.)
- Log on to the desktop server with your UVM NetID and password.
- Once logged on, double-click “CHWB Remote PnC” to start a session.
- Next, log on to the remote computer.
- Double-click the Point & Click icon on the remote desktop to run PnC. Once it is up and running, you might want to press F2 to set your current location to your usual one.
How to End Your Remote Session
When you are done: