Summer’s In Full Swing

Well it’s the middle of May finally and I couldn’t be happier. I am living on my own for the first time and have a full time job making my own money. It was pretty easy going on summer break. I did my best to find a job that would get me through the summer and into the next school year, and I found a place that I really enjoy working at. I also am taking the time to hang out with friends and family. My 19th birthday is coming up and I cannot wait for the BBQ that I get to have with everyone that is close to me.

While living on my own, keeping a full time job, and finding time with friends and family, I am learning better time management skills and ways to handle everything going on with my life. It has been a little hard making sure I have money for rent when I want to go out and hang with all my friends, but I am doing it and I feel that it is going to make the oncoming school year all that more pleasurable. I am learning skills that are going to make getting school work done with more time to spare a lot easier, which makes me feel a lot more comfortable about starting my second year at UVM all that more exciting.

All in all, this summer is going to help me learn a lot more useful skills, time management and money budgeting, while having a wonderful time. I can’t wait until I get more into the daily routine of life as I get older and older. Being at UVM is helping me grow up a lot easier and more fulfilling. I am not missing any key moments that I feel I should have as a young adult, and I couldn’t ask for more!