Summertime!

Well, on May fifth I was officially on summer vacation. It is so weird being out of school so early; my brother who is a sophomore in high school doesn’t get out for another two months. The first thing I did was find a job, it ended up being much easier than I had expected. This summer I will be babysitting two girls whom I babysat last year, so that should be fun and I will also be working as a hostess at a restaurant near the beach. Last summer I didn’t realize how much money I would need throughout the year at college. That being said I am going to try to save as much money as possible- the key word being try.

Overall, I am pretty happy to be home. It’s nice to not have to walk to get food, or worry about due dates. On the other hand I miss my friends a lot and I miss the freedom of being at college, but being home has its perks too. It’s great to be with my family and my boyfriend-and to finally be able to finally catch up on “The Office”.

I go back to UVM on August 16th which is a whole two weeks earlier than everyone else. I have to go back so early for RA training. I’m a bit nervous for being an RA, it will definitely be different than this year mostly regarding the amount of responsibility and work I will have, but I think it will be worth it. Not only does it help with the price of tuition but it’s going to be an amazing experience. I am so excited to meet so many new people and become and even greater part of the UVM community.

Overall, I think it’s going to be an amazing summer-I have a lot to look forward to and even more to look forward to in the upcoming school year. I still can’t believe that I am already a sophomore in college; it goes by so much faster than I had ever expected. But if the first year was an inclination of how the rest of my college experience is going to go than I can’t wait to see what the next three years is going to hold.