Time Flies

The few weeks following Spring break have been ridiculously busy. Filled with papers, exams, meetings, and of course fun. It seems that as the year comes to a close the workload piles on faster than I thought possible. I cannot believe that my first year of college is almost over, it seems like an eternity since I even applied for college and that was only a year ago. College makes the time between high school and now feel like at least ten years. I’ve found that it’s important to reflect on the difference between high school and college because there are so many things that I need to remember. Things like move in day, my first time eating in a dining hall, and my first college class. There are so many great differences between high school and college and it’s important to embrace each of them. Even the little things like being able to take a nap in the middle of the day because you don’t have class six hours in a row. But above all, it’s important to stay grounded and remember where you came from. Call your parents every now and then; write a letter to a distant relative, things like this will always bring you closer to home when it couldn’t seem more far away.

-Eliza